Someone moving to a new country has to get prepared to take a few bureaucratic steps. The following points are recommended to make the process as efficient as possible.
Have these documents ready (originals):
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Insurance Card
- Medical Prescriptions, Vaccination Documents, etc.
- Driving License
- Vehicle Documents (all available documents such as vehicle approval, EU type approval, etc.)
- E-Form / Portable Documents (European documents confirming social insurance and employment-related information)
- Original Employment References, School Reports, Certificates, Diplomas (with German/English translation where necessary)
Things to check
- Entry requirements and residence permit
- Accommodation and social insurance (secure livelihood)
- Inform authorities in country of origin of the move
At notar.at you will find a list of all Austrian notaries (including those in Upper Austria) in case an authentication of individual documents is necessary. For translations of original documents, a list of court interpreters is available at gerichtsdolmetscher.at/Verzeichnis.